Sign Up Today for Free COVID Tests
Did You Say FREE?
- Yes, the goal is to provide each household in America with up to four free kits.
- Orders can be placed beginning today by visiting www.COVIDTests.gov. There is no cost for the actual tests or the shipping.
- Testing is a key step to preventing a future COVID-19 outbreak.
- For additional information on free test options and insurance-provided tests please visit www.COVID19.CA.GOV.
Did You Know?
An updated COVID-19 booster that better protects against variants of the virus has been approved. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is recommending this shot for anyone 6 months and older. Visit www.vaccines.gov to find a location near you.
Please do all you can to stay safe and keep your loved ones safe!
It’s an honor and privilege to represent California’s 35th Senate District in Los Angeles County. Please feel free to contact my office if my staff or I can be of assistance. Here is a link to the services our office provides.
Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment and Other Services
Learn more about the different substance abuse services provided by AADAP Inc. With 50 years of experience of helping the community, AADAP Inc. establishes connections to substance abuse prevention, treatment, and other related services.
- Prevention includes free community workshops on substance use trends among youth and the community, as well as, hosting community coalition meetings. For more information, call (310) 768-8018.
- Adult Outpatient Center in Inglewood offers individual counseling, group counseling, court-ordered classes, and more. For more information, call (323) 294-4932.
- Youth Outpatient Center in Gardena offers drug & alcohol prevention classes, mental health therapy, and drug treatment counseling. For more information, call (310) 768-8018.
- Health Intervention Program offers harm reduction services, health navigation classes, overdose prevention education including naloxone distribution, and more.
For referrals to other treatment (outpatient or residential) and case management services, please call (323) 293-6284 or visit https://aadapinc.org/
Guide For Military & Veterans: Programs For Low-cost Internet, Mobile Plans and Tech
Discover which internet service providers, mobile phone carriers, and organizations help U.S. military members and veterans get low-cost internet and tech. This guide will help active duty service members, reservists and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces qualify for:
- The FCC’s Lifeline program, a $9.25/month subsidy for internet or phone services;
- Discounted internet;
- Discounts on cell phone plans; and
- Many more programs offering free tech and exclusive discounts from organizations and retailers.
Wildfire Disaster Assistance Guide
Learn about resources that can help you, family and friends that might have been affected by the California wildfires. The guides bellow provide detailed information about the types of federal, state and local disaster assistance services available in California. There are no costs to apply for these programs. For more information visit http://wildfirerecovery.org
Submit Customer Service Request- Traffic or Work Zone Concern (CalTrans)
Senator Steven Bradford is working with the California Department of Transportation (CalTrans) to get the word out about a new online resource for constituents to use to help identify road maintenance needs and hazardous conditions.
CalTrans responded quickly to the constituent concerns by creating a customer service webpage, which allows citizens to seamlessly submit a Traffic or Work Zone Concern Form online. Constituents can report any issues from potholes and broken sprinklers, to malfunctioning traffic signals and litter.
The link to the customer service request page can be found on Senator Bradford’s Senate website under the resources section:
Apply for and be a part of The California Legislative Fellows Program
Established in 1973, the California Senate Fellows (CSF) program is one of the oldest and most distinguished service learning programs in the country. The CSF program grew out of a desire to provide people with insight into the legislative process through experiential learning. It offers college graduates a paid, full-time legislative staff position in the State Capitol for 11 months.
Calling All Science Minds !! Apply for the California Center on Science and Technology Fellows Program
Each year, CCST recruits a corps of PhD scientists and engineers to spend one year in Sacramento serving the California State Legislature. Working as legislative staff in the State Senate or State Assembly, these scientific minds get a front-row seat learning about the craft and process of lawmaking in the State of California. Talented scientists and engineers gain valuable career training in public policy, and lawmakers gain access to science-savvy staff to help them craft fact-based policies for California's future.
Want to participate in the Chicano Youth Leadership Program ? Apply Now !
CLYLP is a statewide, community-based organization founded in 1982. Our mission is to enhance and build the leadership potential of California’s Chicano/Latino youth to build communities and create a stronger more prosperous state and nation. CLYLP programs connect young people with community volunteers, policymakers and professionals to:
- Motivate leadership and civic engagement by strengthening cultural identity, self-confidence and community connections.
- Open doors to academic achievement, career growth and leadership opportunities.